Ci Management is committed to comply with all federal, state, and local fair housing laws. It is our policy to comply with all laws prohibiting discrimination, including those that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familiar status, or disability, and any other local laws protecting specific classes.
PLEASE NOTE: These Policies and Procedures are presented as a guideline. Ci Management understands each resident has their own circumstances, so each situation is judged by office staff on a case by case basis.
RENTS & DEPOSITS.
- Rent Due Date: 1st day of each month.
- Delinquent Date: 4th day of each month.
- Late Charge: $25 or $50 Initially / $10 or $25 Daily thereafter.
- All deposits to be returned are void after 90 days from day of mailing.
- Preferred payment is automatic payment through the tenant portal.
- PaySlip for cash payments at 7/11, and Ace Cash. Please contact office for PaySlip.
- If online payment is rejected due to NSF, your online access may be suspended and you’ll need to pay full balance by money order. Late fees and a $25 NSF fee will apply.
- Credit Report. The credit of each applicant will be used. If one applicant has poor credit, but an additional applicant has good credit the application will be approved.
- To apply, you must provide a valid, government-issued photo ID for application processing on each applicant aged (18) and older.
- Criminal Background Check. No applicant with any sexual offenses will be approved. Applicants with felony convictions less than 7 years will be denied. Applicants with misdemeanor convictions will be judged on a case by case basis. Any current resident who has a sexual offense or felony conviction, lease will be immediately terminated and full deposit refunded.
- Verification of rental history
- In order to qualify, you must make 3 times the monthly rent.
- $40 Application Fee (per applicant)
- Renter’s Insurance: We do not maintain insurance to cover your personal belongings or personal injury. You assume all liability for personal injury, property damage or loss, and insurable risk. We urge you to get your own insurance for losses to your personal property or injuries due to theft, fire, water damage, pipe leaks and the like.
- Security Deposit amounts are unit specific, but range from $400-$2000.
- If you have less than perfect credit, we may alter your security deposit amount.
- We pride ourselves on returning as much of your deposit as possible, but possible charges for your unit may include maid charges, any damage to property, unpaid fees, Etc.
- Deposits are mailed within 30 days, if not sooner, after your move out date.
- Initial deposit is considered a “hold deposit”. This removes the unit from the market and reserves it for you. Since the unit is no longer available to other prospective tenants, the deposit is forfeited if applicant withdraws application. After move-in, the “hold deposit” converts to a “security deposit”.
TERMINATION OF LEASE
Move Out Procedure
- Notice – 45 day advance notice is required in writing
- No proration of paid rents.
- Resident may request walk through with a manager, otherwise the manager will walk the unit for damages within 30 days of move out.
- Because we often run at full capacity, we will need to show your unit to prospective clients prior to your moveout.
- We will call and give advance notice before showing. We will give you as much notice as possible.
Lease Buy Out
- We allow residents to buy out their lease for a fee equal to 2 months of your current rent. If you have less than 2 months left on your lease, please contact office for other arrangements.
- The resident may not sublet their unit, but please see the “Lease Buy Out” section. If you do help find someone to take over your lease, the buyout charge may be altered by the office staff.
- The new resident must apply and pass the same resident requirements as the original tenant. There is a $40 application fee per applicant applying for the sublease.
- Tenants are not allowed to do short term leases (i.e. AirBNB)
Transfer of Lease
- We do offer transfers after a time period of 6 months.
- Transfer Fee is $400.
- You must sign a new 12 month lease.
- Deposit must be paid to new property and current deposit will be refundable at move out less any costs related to damages or final billing.
- You must pay a new pet deposit, if applicable, for the new unit.
- An Ci Management employee must walk tenant(s) current apartment for damages before approving a transfer to another property. If tenant(s) has not maintained the apartment, or if the apartment is in poor condition, the requested transfer will be denied.
- Ci Management sprays all apartment buildings on a regular basis. If you are experiencing pests, feel free to put in a Work Order and your unit can have an additional treatment at no additional charge.
- Some pests are caused by tenant activity. Pests such as bedbugs, fleas, etc…. are usually brought in by a tenant, tenant’s pet or tenant’s guest. In instances like this, treatment is still needed but will be charged back at cost to the tenant.
- The actual charges depend on the building location and the unit size.
- Some buildings require the tenant to connect their own gas, water and electric through the various utility agencies.
- Some locations have what is known as “Utilities +” which is added to your monthly rent.
Who to contact to hook up my utilities
- Electric – You may choose the provider of your choice. Feel free to contact office for suggestions on who to use. Many times we know which electric provider currently offers the best rates.
- Gas – Atmos Energy
- Water – City of Dallas
- Cable – provider of your choice, but please no satellite dishes unless you live in one of our duplexes.
- Internet – provider of your choice.
- Trash is to be disposed of in the large containers only.
- Trash is never to be left outside the door. $25 fine if maintenance must remove trash.
- Please do not leave trashcans around the property.
- Trash left outside the large containers by a resident will be subject of a $50 to $200 fine.
Dogs and Cats are allowed in several of our properties. Please see individual property for which ones allow pets.
- Pet Deposits – $250 per pet, NON-REFUNDABLE
- Ci Management requires proper documentation for all services animals along with a fully refundable $2,500 deposit for properties that do not allow pets. The unit will be assessed and the deposit will be returned at the end of the lease term.
- Large or aggressive breeds of dogs are not allowed at any properties. Some examples of breeds not allowed are: Akitas, Bull Mastiffs, Boxers, Chow Chows, Dalmatians, Doberman Pinschers, German Shepherds, Great Danes, Huskies, Malamutes, Pit Bulls (also known as Staffordshire Terriers or Bull Terriers), Presa Canarios, Saint Bernards, and Rottweilers.
- Dog sitting is not allowed.
- Tenant is responsible to pick up after their pet. $50 fine after first violation. Removal of pet or eviction of tenant after multiple violations.
- We do not accept dogs over 35 pounds
- We do not accept more than 1 dog and up to 2 pets (i.e. 1 dog and 1 cat) per unit
- Both pets together cannot exceed a combined weight of 50 pounds. Violating this will result in a $500 fee and request to remove one or both pets immediately.
PRIVATE YARDS & PATIOS
Allowed on my private patio or porch
- Potted Plants
- Outdoor patio furniture
Not allowed on my private patio or porch
- We do not allow drapes or enclosures of any sort
- BBQ Grills (building code violation)
- Storage boxes or bins (Trash, coolers, etc.)
- Dead Plants
- Cleaning Products (Brooms, mops, etc.)
- Indoor furniture
COMMON AREAS & POOL
What is allowed on common area walkways or community tables?
- We do not allow personal property on the community tables or walkways.
If a guest visits the pool without my presence
- The maintenance staff is instructed to call the police for any unauthorized people within the premises.
- They are instructed to file a criminal trespassing charge.
If I notice an unauthorized person by the pool
- Please call the office, IF DURING OFFICE HOURS, OR text the emergency maintenance number (214)-308-1455 to report the suspicious person in the pool / courtyard area.
NOTE: Maintenance requests can be made via calling the office or creating a work order in your tenant portal. Work Orders via the tenant portal or the most efficient way and usually get a quicker response time.
Emergency work hot line number
- (214)-308-1455 x2 – Call or text.
Enter a work order
- You may enter a work order online – https://www.cimanagement.com/maintenance-request/
- Routine maintenance requests are prioritized and addressed as soon as possible, typically within (24) hours. Other service requests may take longer to remedy, such as: fire or weather-related damage, damage caused by residents or visitors, pest control, warranty work, or situations intertwined with public or private utility or service organizations.
- Emergency service issues include, but are not limited to: broken pipes, overflowing sinks or toilets, noxious odors, gas or electrical service interruptions, and all issues which may threaten life, health, or the safety of community residents. In the event of a service issue emergency, call 214-308-1455. For emergency issues like fire, explosions, criminal activity or similar, call 911.
* Please see Safety and Security for emergency access to your unit
Do you keep track of who enters my apartment for a work order?
- We use a key tracking system. Because of this system, we are able to identify who was last in your unit.
Do I change my own air condition filter, light bulbs and water filters?
- Filters: We do not provide a service that changes your filter on an annual basis. We strongly recommend changing filters once every 2-3 months. Many of our residents prefer to have their filters changed more often. In this case, filters are a responsibility of the tenant.
- Bulbs: We only change light bulbs that are difficult to reach in the units. We maintain all exterior bulbs on a regular basis except porch lights/door lights. Bulbs are a responsibility of the tenant.
- Water Filters: Some units have water filter hookups for the refrigerator. We do not provide water filters for these units; this is a responsibility of the tenant.
SECURITY & SAFETY
Are properties secured?
- Gated parking at specific locations
- Gate keys for common areas at specific locations
- Common door keys at specific locations
Who has access to my apartment?
- No other tenant has access to your apartment other than you.
- Our employees will only have access to your apartment if you grant them and only after submittal of a work order for maintenance or repair of your unit. In extreme instances, we will need to enter your unit due to an emergency maintenance item (usually an ongoing water leak). We’ll call, email and/or txt in order to reach you before entering. If we cannot get in touch with you and the emergency is ongoing, this will be the only time our maintenance staff with the permission of upper level management will enter your unit without your express consent.
Help…. I’ve locked myself out or lost my keys
- Please call the maintenance number or submit a work order. During normal business hours, a $25 fee will be charged to your account. If you lock yourself out after hours (6:00pm-8:00am M-F and all times on weekends), you’ll be charged $75. Ci Management values our employees off time and time with their family, so this amount goes directly to the employee who lets you back in. You can also call a locksmith, but they charge up to $150.
- Tenants are responsible to maintain all electronic locks, which includes replacement batteries. If you fail to maintain the lock and get locked out of your unit, this will be treated just as if you locked yourself out. Tenant is liable for all charges that may apply.
- We DO NOT allow smoking in units. $50 fine after first violation. $500 fine and/or eviction of tenant after multiple violations.
- We DO NOT allow smoking in the pool or courtyard common areas, on lounge beds or on outdoor furniture. $50 fine after first violation. $500 fine and/or eviction of tenant after multiple violations.
- Ci Management loves realtors/locators and welcomes them to show our properties.
- Ci Management will pay a commission equal to 50% of the monthly rent rate only unless specified otherwise on MLS, or an MLS syndicate.
- The realtor/locator must be present at the time of the initial tour to be eligible for commissions. This is non-negotiable.
- Applicant(s) must identify who referred them during the application process in the reference question box.
- Commission payment is typically issued 5 days after tenant has successfully leased, taken possession of the apartment and paid the first full month’s rent.
- To ensure prompt payment, please invoice us as an individual landlord (instead of broker/realtor). Invoices can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Tenants can also receive referral payments. Ci Management will credit any tenant’s account $200 for a successful referral.
Where our units are located
- We have units in Lakewood and all over East Dallas. Check out all our newest listings and properties at –
Is the neighborhood safe?
- The following website shows you a breakdown of all local crimes that have been reported. – http://spotcrime.com/tx/dallas
What is the neighborhood like?
- The Lakewood Advocate has plenty of useful info and news on our local area. http://lakewood.advocatemag.com/news-topics/
What amenities and shopping are you walking or biking distance from?
- We pride ourselves on offering classic Dallas properties in the wonderful Lakewood area to accommodate all your needs.
- Most of our units are located close enough for walking and biking to the new Trader Joe’s and the new Whole Foods. You’ll get the perfect Downtown lifestyle, with none of Downtown headaches.